2. Tutorials

3. Resources

Contents

1. Blenxy

2. Features

3. Screenshots and Videos

3. Download and install

Blenxy

- Presenting Blenxy! a Blender 2.79b application template that aims to be like a comfort zone for SMG modeling (Blen for Blender and xy from Galaxy). It isn't much but honest work >:]

Features

1) Custom DAE Exporter for BMD/BDL conversion with SuperBMD.

2) Custom DAE Importer for DAEs that come from SuperBMD.

3) CSV Exporter for the BCK animation type to use with the J3D Animation Editor program (linear interpolation is the only one supported).

3) CSV Importer for the BCK animation type from files that come from the J3D Animation Editor program (linear interpolation is the only one supported).

4) Reference axis SMG axis shows on all 3d models to guide the visualization of a mesh in the Super Mario Galaxy reference system.

5) Custom mesurement unit Galaxy Unit (or GU) that is used to facilitate DAE import/export without the need to re-scale manually all the time (1 GU is 100 meters).

6) Epic Mario model as the default cube in Blender when starting the template (truly the most important part of the template >:]).

Screenshots and Videos

(Fig. 1 - Blenxy's splash screen)

(Fig. 2 - Blenxy's Mario model)

(Fig. 3 - Blenxy's Custom DAE Importer)

(Fig. 4 - Blenxy's Custom DAE and CSV Exporters)

(Vid. 1 - Blenxy importing a Mario animation!)

(Vid. 2 - Blenxy importing a Dino Piranha animation!)

Download and install

To download Blenxy go and search for the last release on its NotABug Repo

To install a Blender template file go to File > Application Templates > Install Template from File... and search/select the blenxy.zip file. After that you should be able to use it by going to File > Application Templates > Blenxy.

I will use this template from now on when making tutorials so you better use it!

In case you have ideas or want to improve this template, please let me know on the Blenxy's repo

Hope you like it!